We are committed to non-violent direct action because we wish to bring about a peaceful world and believe the only way to do this is by peaceful means.
We ask that everyone coming to the Big Blockade abide by the following Nonviolence Guidelines
– We will always act in a way that causes no harm to ourselves or others
– Our attitude will be one of sincerity and respect to everyone we encounter
– We will not engage in physical violence or verbal abuse to anyone we encounter
– We will carry no weapons
– We will not bring or use alcohol or drug other than for medical purposes
– We will clear the blockade to allow emergency vehicles in or out of the base and then resume the blockade afterwards Traditionally we don’t view non-violent damage to property as violence, such as cutting through the fence at Faslane.